The Target: BP initiative is based on the latest clinical evidence to help better diagnose, treat and manage high blood pressure (BP). Our library showcases leading scientific evidence to support care teams in improving BP control.
Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics
Key Guidelines and Statements
- 2017 AHA/ACC Hypertension Clinical Practice Guidelines
- 2019 AHA Scientific Statement on BP Measurement in Humans
- 2019 AHA/ACC Clinical Performance and Quality Measures for Adults With High Blood Pressure
- 2019 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
- 2019 History and Justification of a National Blood Pressure Measurement Validated Device Listing
- 2020 Self-Measured Blood Pressure at Home – A Joint Policy Statement from AHA/AMA
- 2020 The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Control Hypertension
- 2021 Weight-Loss Strategies for Prevention and Treatment of Hypertension
- 2022 Improving Hypertension Control and Cardiovascular Health: An Urgent Call to Action for Nursing
- 2022 Medication Adherence and Blood Pressure Control
- AMA authored and co-authored publications on topics including AMA MAP BP™, accurate BP measurement, effective hypertension management, SMBP, health equity and more.