CME COURSE: Measuring Blood Pressure Accurately – Step 1 in Hypertension Control
|Last Modified||December 20, 2022|
|Audience||Healthcare Professionals ||
|Topics||Measure Accurately ||
|Resource Type||Video / Webinar | Weblink|
Activity has been approved for CME/CE credit
Webinar was recorded: September 30, 2020
Hear from clinical experts from the American Medical Association:
- Kate Kirley, MD, MS, FAAFP, AMA, Director, Chronic Disease Prevention
- Linda Murakami, RN, BSN, MSHA, AMA, Senior Program Manager
- Taylor Turner, RN, BSN, AMA, Improvement Advisor
This one-hour webinar will train physicians and other care team members registered for the AHA/AMA joint Target: BP™ initiative, on the “Measure Accurately” component M.A.P. Framework. M.A.P. stands for Measure Accurately, Act Rapidly, and Partner with Patients, Families and Communities.
Blood pressure variability, poor blood pressure measurement technique and white-coat effect contribute to uncertainty about what a patient’s true blood pressure is. This uncertainty about the reliability of a patient’s blood pressure reading is a leading cause of clinicians failing to act to manage high blood pressure (therapeutic inertia).
Access by clicking on the web link
- To visit the Lifelong Learning Center, and login or register.
- To view the content before completing a test.
- To complete an evaluation.
- To claim credit.