Re-training is an important aspect of ensuring health care professionals (HCPs) measure blood pressure (BP) accurately and consistently every time.
Guidelines recommend HCPs are re-trained every 6-12 months on BP measurement techniques, as high BP is a leading risk factor for heart attacks and strokes. Results from a recent study demonstrate even a brief 30-minute e-learning module can improve providers’ knowledge and skills.
Achieving Accuracy: BP Measurement is a 30-minute e-Learning course co-developed by the AHA and AMA that:
- Received a prestigious Gold award in the international MarCom Awards
- Reinforces guideline recommended BP measurement techniques
- Simulates proper BP measurement using a manual, semi-automated, or automated device
- Boosts competency and confidence in BP measurement readings across the care team
- Provides 0.5 Continuing Education (CE) credit